Disclaimer and legal
Information about the disclaimer and other legal issues.
- You agree that in providing information on this website BRANZ does this in good faith and to provide information only.
- BRANZ obtains information from sources which we believe to be accurate but we make no representations or warranties that the information we provide is reliable, accurate or complete.
- You should make your own enquiries and seek independent advice from relevant industry professionals before relying or acting on any information or material which is made available to you pursuant to our information service or the guidance tools available through this website.
- BRANZ will not be liable for any loss resulting from any action or reliance made by you on any information or material posted by us on this website.
- You agree to use our information services for lawful purposes only.
- In using any interactive tools available on this website, you take full responsibility for the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any information or data you enter, and BRANZ excludes all liability whatsoever arising from any output which is derived by such use.
- You agree that BRANZ gives no warranties of any kind, express or implied and to the maximum extent permitted by law all statutory warranties are excluded, including (without limitation) those which might arise under the Sale of Goods Act 1908 and the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, or otherwise.
- You acknowledge that the information on this website is sourced from available New Zealand building data and is specific to New Zealand and no other country.
- You accept that while we have made all reasonable effort to ensure that this website is available, outputs are available for use online and for downloading, and the BRANZ helpline is available to you, BRANZ does not guarantee that those will be:
(a) accessible or uninterrupted; or
(b) error free; or
(c) free from viruses, faults or defects.
10. This website may contain links or references to third party websites which are not owned or controlled by BRANZ. These links and references are for your convenience only. BRANZ has no control over and will not be liable for the content or other elements associated with such third party websites.
Intellectual Property Rights
The homepage image was reproduced with permission from Alpine Image Company Ltd.
Copyright of all text, graphics, logos and designs used in this website is owned or licensed by BRANZ. You may access and print material from this website provided it is used for your personal use, and not for any commercial purpose. Any reproduction of information on this website must include an acknowledgement of BRANZ's intellectual property rights in the relevant context.
Any word or device to which is attached the ® or TM symbol is a registered trademark. If you use any of our trademarks in reference to our activities, products or services, you must include a statement attributing that trademark to us. You must not use any of our trademarks:
- In or as the whole or part of your own trademarks;
- In connection with activities, products or services which are not ours;
- In a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive; or
- In a manner that disparages us or our information, products or services (including this website).
This website contains links to external websites.
BRANZ will not be responsible or liable for the content (including any liability arising out of any claim that the content of the linked website infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party) or privacy practices associated with any linked websites.
Any link to a website is provided to help you find sites containing information, products or services which may be of interest to you. No link to a website shall be construed as an endorsement or warranty, approval or recommendation by BRANZ of the owners or operators of those linked websites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained or available on or from those linked websites.
All information collected through or in connection with ALF4.0 is controlled, stored and held by BRANZ Ltd or its web service provider(s) in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
We may collect contact information about visitors to this Website. This information may be used to:
- Send you news, information about our activities and general promotional material which we believe may be useful to you;
- Respond to queries or requests, or process orders or applications submitted by you;
- Monitor who is accessing this Website or using the services offered on this Website; and
- Profile the type of people accessing this Website.
If you do not wish to have your personal information used in this manner or for any other specific purpose, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise us of this.
We will not sell or otherwise provide your personal information or information about your clients to a third party, or make any other use of your personal information or that of your clients, for any purpose which is not incidental to your use of this Website.
If you request us not to use personal information in a particular manner or at all, we will adopt all reasonable measures to observe your request but we may still disclose that information if:
- We subsequently notify you of the intended use or disclosure and you do not object to that use of disclosure;
- We believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of their functions; or
- We are required by law to disclose that information.
We will preserve the content of any email you send us if we believe we have the legal requirement to do so. We may monitor your email content for trouble-shooting or maintenance purposes or if any form of email abuse is suspected.
Personal information which we collect (including your contact details, and, if relevant, credit card details) is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate, however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission over the Internet.
You are entitled to have access to any personal information relating to you which you have previously supplied to us over this Website. You are entitled to edit or delete such information unless we are required by law to retain it.
If you wish to make an enquiry regarding any personal information relating to you which may be in our possession, contact email@example.com.